HP3000-L Archives

September 2005, Week 2

From:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:08:17 -0500
Quoting john pitman <[log in to unmask]>:

> Does anybody have any recommendations for/against any particular makes of
> ups (10kva range) they can share with me please? Our Sola didn't seem to do
> the right thing for us lately, and looking around for a newer and bigger
> unit.
>
> Thanks,
> John Pitman

I just this weekend replaced (under warranty) an APC 3Kva unit that was right at
the 2 year warranty limit. To APC's credit, I had reported the problem (battery
status not being shown greater than 65%) one week before the warranty was
supposed to expire. They sent a "key" that was supposed to reset some
programming, but that didn't resolve the problem so without question they
shipped a replacement unit, 4 days after the official warranty date had expired
and even include a return shipment label at their expense.

I've had no problems with the unit during the past two years, except the battery
charge not greater than 65% mentioned above.

I guess a recommendation will be that I'll buy another APC when needed. Hint:
register that warranty!