HP3000-L Archives

September 2005, Week 2

From:
Tim Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:22:23 -0400
Really have to love this guy. God rest his soul.

Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose."

- Ronald Reagan

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the
government and I'm here to help."

- Ronald Reagan

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's
just that they know so much that isn't so."

- Ronald Reagan

"Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S. was too
strong."

- Ronald Reagan

"I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandment's would have looked
like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress."

- Ronald Reagan

"The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but
doesn't have to take the civil service examination."

- Ronald Reagan

"Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one
end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

- Ronald Reagan

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation
gone under."

- Ronald Reagan

"The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a
government program."

- Ronald Reagan

"I've laid down the law, though, to everyone from now on about anything that
happens: no matter what time it is, wake me, even if it's in the middle of a
Cabinet meeting."

- Ronald Reagan

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have
learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

- Ronald Reagan

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases:
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops
moving, subsidize it."

- Ronald Reagan

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if
you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."

- Ronald Reagan

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as
the will and moral courage of free men and women.

- Ronald Reagan