HP3000-L Archives

September 2005, Week 1

From:
john pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
john pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 14:30:19 +1000
Lars,
Surely qedit doesn't rewrite back over original files and get EOF errors? It
purges and rebuilds doesn't it? So why should vi be so dumb, or is it purely
ux code compile for mpe, and assumes a ux file structure?
I can understand it not knowing about VA files and the implied record length
data in front, but the other stuff?
jp