SCUBA-SE Archives

September 2005

From:
Krazy Kiwi Viv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 01:50:32 -0400
Thanks for sharing your pics from your latest dive trip Chuck.
While its the end of this trip of yours its the start of a 14 day trip for
the majority of the WAUPS camera club members. They flew out late on Thurs
night to board the MV Empress for Manado (Lembah Strait and the Islands
further north). I'm looking forward to viewing their combined slide show
as that region is spectacular critter country. A few of them have ventured
in to the digital arena purchasing an Olympus 7070 after having to shelve
their idea of going for a housed SLR setup. The majority of them have all
the Canon lenses and while the Canon digital SLR cameras have come down in
price - the housing + port costs here are very cost prohibitive. We all
now say "when we win lotto" ;-)

Except for 2 camera club organised dives in the last month, specifically
for taking pics, I've been a little slack in taking the camera along on a
dive having spent the majority of Perth's autumn & winter season chasing
prawns. Atleast I've got round to dropping the slide film from those 2
dives in for processing. Gotta remember now to pick em up & fire up the
scanner.
Viv