HP3000-L Archives

August 2005, Week 5

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:38:05 -0400
Dave Oksner wrote:
> Well, perhaps the prices are artificially fixed where you are, but just in
> my little part of this small, Central California county, I've seen a wide
> range of prices.  Fortunately, the cheapest station that takes credit cards
> (there's only one around here that doesn't) is about spitting distance from
> my house.  It was at $2.879/gal.  Just up the freeway, I saw $2.999, and
> in an adjacent city, I saw $2.939 right across the street from $2.969.

They're probably just playing catch-up to the latest abominable price.

Here we are pretty consistently below national averages, but prices went from $2.19 to $2.47 (as of Monday evening) but now sits at $2.99, 48 hours later.  Will probably top $3 by morning at this rate, seems to already be there most everywhere else.

Before you know it, it will be more expensive than bottled water...

Jeff