HP3000-L Archives

August 2005, Week 5

From:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:27:54 -0500
Hello Friends:

Wirt points out, quite rightly, that the impact of Katrina looks like
it might have dealt a setback to the Sept. 12 start of the HP
Technology Forum.

We've updated our blog entry to include the latest from the
conference organizers -- telling us they'll decide by Friday if the
show is still on -- and dire reports from Louisiana officials about
snakes, no gasoline and the "wilderness" that is New Orleans tonight:

<http://3000newswire.com/blog>

I had booked my ticket just when Katrina was still battering the
city. On Southwest, so it's easily moved. A minor inconvenience,
compared to getting fresh water or power in New Orleans tonight. One
report said it will be a month before all parts of the city have
power restored. At best, you could say today's hurricane path was a
very near miss.

Keep an eye on our blog for more details. A few dozen of us HP 3000
folk are booked to go there. Nature might have a different itinerary
for us.

--

Ron Seybold, Editor In Chief
The 3000 NewsWire -- 512.331.0075 -- [log in to unmask]