HP3000-L Archives

August 2005, Week 5

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:53:46 EDT
Ron writes:

> Encompass executive director Mary Ellen Smith said this morning she's
> hopeful the storm's damage won't impact the start of the show in two
> weeks.

Watching the news tonight and seeing the extent of the damage to the downtown
highrise hotels, I'd be a little on the surprised side if they can get the
mess cleaned up in less than two weeks and be back in operation so soon. In
fact, I'd be quite surprised.

A fair number of hotels lost dozens to hundreds of windows -- which also
implies a substantial amount of internal damage -- and that's just going to take
some time to repair.

Wirt Atmar