HP3000-L Archives

August 2005, Week 4

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:39:23 -0400
Matteson, Todd wrote:
> Just finished fighting with a large HP3000 spoolfile printing to a networked
> HP LJ 9050...I lost the fight.

I can sympathise with that...

> Paper jams caused the HP to reset nearly every time.  Me-I thought I could
> simply FCOPY from a point in the file using CCTL to start at a later point.
> I was WRONG!

You are [probably] correct about the escape sequences, especially if you have a setup_file or an environment file in use.  You can "usually" fix this by editing the spool file.  Find the first real data line, and delete from that line down to where you want to pick up, keeping any "preamble" at the beginning of the spool file.  Keep it, :spoolf;print it, and cross your fingers.

Jeff