HP3000-L Archives

August 2005, Week 4

From:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:36:38 -0500
Hello Friends:

In light of how harsh the dismissals of the 3000 and the OpenMPE
efforts have become here, I have written a blog entry to reply. "It's
isn't over until it's over" is out on the NewsWire's blog:

<http://3000newswire.blogs.com/3000_newswire/2005/08/its_not_over_un.html>

Let's be accurate here. HP has not decided "no source."

Of course, I expect to be called out for "whistling past the
graveyard" or somesuch in thinking there's still a community here
that uses this business-critical server. Have at it. My shoulders are
broad, and I'd rather get up each morning with reasonable hope and
look to see what I know I can verify.

On verification of Ron Evans' salary, I refer you to the Chapter 7
bankruptcy Statement of Affairs from Interex, Item No. 23:

Withdrawals from a partnership or distributions by a corporation

If the debtor is a partnership or corporation, list all withdrawals
or distributions credited or given to an insider, including
compensation in any form, bonuses, loans, stock redemptions, options
exercised and any other perquisite during one year immediately
preceding the commencement of this case.

NAME & ADDRESS
OF RECIPIENT,
RELATIONSHIP TO DEBTOR

Ronald Evans
Executive Director,
President

DATE AND PURPOSE
OF WITHDRAWAL

Compensation from 8/1/04 - 7/20/05
(includes vacation and severance) -- $214,676.38

Consulting fees paid since 7/20/05 -- $5,136.00

These facts don't put the Interex president's yearly compensation at
a quarter-million dollars, but more than 10 percent under that figure.

Sticking to the facts could help us keep on-topic about planning for
the 3000's future.
--

Ron Seybold, Editor In Chief
The 3000 NewsWire -- 512.331.0075 -- [log in to unmask]