HP3000-L Archives

August 2005, Week 2

From:
"Shahan, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shahan, Ray
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:21:57 -0500
I saw this direct quote in an ad, and I was wondering:  Is .NET now
considered an "open system"?

"Seeking candidate who can define an Enterprise Technology
Transformation Strategy  that will help our clients move away from
legacy mainframe environments (esp. COBOL) onto open system platforms
(including Microsoft .NET and LINUX/J2EE)."

:-D

Ray Shahan
Life is not a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in a pretty and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in
broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
and loudly proclaiming:
-- WOW!!! What a Ride