HP3000-L Archives

August 2005, Week 2

From:
Peter Smithson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Smithson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:01:55 +0100
Hello,

I'm investigating a problem with a VPLUS emulator.  On MPE a screen is
displayed with a few boxes (using graphic characters in the formspec file)
and text is displayed within the boxes using VPUTBUFFER to set the fields.

On MPE, when ",,,," is put into a field, it's coming out as a graphic
horizontal line.  In the VPLUS emulator this does not happen.

How does VPLUS know that they want to display graphic characters rather than
commas?  There are no escape sequences in the VPUTBUFFER as far as I can
tell by looking at the COBOL code.  The first "," is bang up against a
vertical graphical character but then so is some normal text.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Peter