HP3000-L Archives

July 2005, Week 4

From:
john pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
john pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:08:03 +1000
Can you ping the device from the 3000? If not, fix before wasting more time.
If so, can you also reach it via a web browser to its IP address, to verify
its condition/status?
Don't forget that unless the printer talks PCL, you cannot use it as a 3000
network printer, unless the new patch (MPEMUX1) is installed and works as we
all hope.

Read the spooler manual on snmp , you may need to lengthen the timeout specs
for network and snmp status checking, if you network is slow.

Hth

jp