HP3000-L Archives

July 2005, Week 3

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:05:12 -0400
Ha Ha. Love it. Great wit from Wirt! :-)

I had the same issue come up some time ago so I wrote an app that will keep
an audit trail (TurboIMAGE database) of jobs/sessions that execute the
NEWUSER/NEWGROUP/NEWACCT/ALTUSER/ALTGROUP/ALTACCT commands via the app. I
couldn't see any other way of getting this info. Console log records may
give you the info you need but what happens when those log files are purged?

The app provides all the date/time info when these commands were executed
but if these commands are executed from the colon prompt outside of the app
then the audit trail is bypassed... <groan>

Brian Donaldson.