SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2005

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:38:59 -0400
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:57:14 +1000, David Strike
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:32 PM, Reef Fish wrote:
>
>(snip)
>> >Now bear in mind that this is the height of the OZ summer.  You'll need
>> >plunge into Shelley Beach just to get cool -
>
>> Your hyperbole, together with Mika's overestimate of a 75F when
>> it'a unlikwly ro hir 70F, it does give me something to relate to
>> the Mola Mola dive which you missed :-)  The water was estimated
>> to be 70F but turned out to be 75F and I survived the entire
>> dive in my 1 mil titanium. :-)  But wots the chance of seeing a
>> Mola at Shalley in Feb.?   :-))
>
>I haven't seen a Mola-Mola there - yet!  (But I haven't given up hope!)
But
>in February, I have seen a Manta, Eagle rays, wobbegongs, angel sharks and
>cat sharks.  There'a family of whaler sharks, the ever present blue
>groupers, (which is nothing to do with the tedmperature of the water!
<bwg>)

Seen so many Manta and Eagle rays that I beg them to go away
every time I see them  :)

>and, of course, the Weedy Seadragons.

Saw them last week in our Choo Choo aquarium when we took my
sister there.  Sue paid the price of forgetting not to get into
crowds and shortly had cold symptoms, lung congestion, and two
infected eyes.  ;^)  Fortunately the chomo doc she saw today
said they weren't serious and she might live.  :-)

>> And if Mika can make his DUAL mini-NEDfest in Janurary at Perth,
>> what are the changes of having a Strike at Perth?  (A dangle of
>> a freebie Qantas tickie is not entirely out of the question :-)).

Unfortunately I had to retract all those grandiose plans because
my only Continental ally Qantas had anticipated my plans and had
made its news rulez in Jan 2005 to thwart all of them!

>It might prove difficult to get away as we'll be in the thick of
organising
>the Dive Show/OZTeK Conference - but I'll be in a better position to know
>closer to the time.  :-)

One day closer, and you already knew!  :-)  It appears you'll have
to concentrate on the Strike Reef shindig and order hand-carried
kangaroos and wambats by me, from Auckland.

>> >As for the Phyco-Plonk, it's becoming a rare vintage with the move to
>> wings
>> >BC's.  (It's something to do, I believe, with the body heat that 'vest-
>> >style' BC's used to have as an aid to the fermentation process!)
>> >Nevertheless, I do believe that we can conjure up the odd bottle or
ten!
>> >:-)
>
>> I still have the odd bottle of premium grand cru vintage 2002, I fink.
>
>I have this theory that old wine is only for those folks wot can't afford
>the new stuff! :-)
>
>> da Olde Feeesh.
>
>The now officially Olde, Strike

Nah.  Only Erdos's P.G.O.M.