SCUBA-SE Archives

July 2005

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:14:26 +1000
On Tuesday, July 19, 2005 3:14 AM. Kuty wrote:

(snip)
> > from the scarring that's probably been caused by breathing oily gas in
> the
> > past, my lungs are sound, I'm back in the diving race!

> Thank God for that.  Having to quit diving sounds to me like a disaster.

G'Day, Kuty.  I don't know that I was actually prepared to quit diving - it
was more to do with the fact that I didn't want any of my buddies, (apart
from, say, Janet and Sylvia, being placed in the position of having to give
EAR!)  :-)

(snip)

>late October/early November 2006?  It'd be great
> > see you all again - and to meet Kuty at long last ... if he's up to a
> trip
> > to the land of beer, birds and burgers?  :-))))

> Sorry mate, I don't think I am in a position to plan a trip to OZ right
> now.  I have a 10 years old girl that I have to take care of.  All my
> overseas trips will be depending on my big daughters' plans (they can
> take care of her for a couple of weeks if they are around) or my late
> wife's sister's plans.  Make your NEDfest plans without me and when the
> time comes, I can see if I can make it.  I'll do my best (of course)
> because it is really time for us to meet.

It certainly is - and you'd be a most welcome guest. :-)

> Ah, and of course Michi is right.  I am a man of steaks.  Although
> birds, burgers and beer are not a bad idea either :-)

I suddenly realised that I was getting old when the beer took priority over
the other two! :-)

You take care

With very best regards

Strike