HP3000-L Archives

June 2005, Week 4

From:
Tom Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:46:14 -0400
Got a strange one today: "DBCORE has terminated" in response to new (and in
some cases existing) ODBC connections to our database.  Also received this
error in SQLMON and ISQL, and I somewhat vaguely understand this to be
system level stuff (i.e., not explicitly part of the ODBC server software)

What sorts of circumstances can cause this?  (Is it severe?)

what can (or should) I do about it?

as I was investigating, "it stopped happening" [don't you just hate that?]
and hasn't recurred since.  This is not reassuring as I know expect it to
happen "at random" anytime within the next 24-48 hours... :(  [after that
point I'll totally forget about it, and be just as perplexed the next time
it DOES happen...]

e-mailed copies of your response to [log in to unmask] would be
appreciated as I'm using the web interface to post (the last time someone
said it was safe to go back into the hp3000-l waters, they were wrong ;) )

Tom Emerson