HP3000-L Archives

June 2005, Week 4

From:
"Shahan, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shahan, Ray
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:50:53 -0500
Hi all,

        Just a thought to share.  Up until this Spring and Summer, I've
never seen a Bald Eagle in the wild, and this year (as of late March)
I've seen three!!  I have a picture of one nesting (from March), and one
flew over the highway on my way to work in early June.  The third
sighting was yesterday evening while on the way home from dining out. We
(me, the wife and kids) were driving over the Fox river bridge in
Appleton, Wisconsin when my six year old, in a matter of fact tone of
voice, says "Hey, Mom, there's a Bald Eagle".  I had to do a u-turn to
see it, but sure enough, not 20 yards from the bridge, was a magnificent
(and very large) Bald Eagle perched on a branch scoping out the river
below.

        What I found really cool about this was that not only have I got
to finally see these fantastic birds in the wild, but that my son does
not 'see' viewing one in the wild as anything but normal...in other
words, the Bald Eagle is making enough of a comeback (at least up here)
that out children will, someday, not fear the bird's demise.

Have a great week!!

Ray Shahan
Life is not a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in a pretty and
well preserved body, but rather to skid in
broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
and loudly proclaiming:
-- WOW!!! What a Ride