HP3000-L Archives

June 2005, Week 4

From:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:18:02 +0100
Brice Yokem said :

> I really do not get this part.  It looks to me like the 'lie' is that there
> is scientific basis for human activities causing global warming.  It is not
> hard to equate that to 'global warming is a lie'.  True, the two statements
> are not exactly the same, but it takes a very fine microscope to make the
> distinction betwen the two as well as some tedious word games.  I call this
> a distinction without a difference.

Has anyone ever had the feeling that when someone is trying so hard to be
convincing about something that they are really trying to convince themselves
that something is true? (possibly in the face of overwhelming evidence to the
contrary!)

Next, I expect Brice will produce URLs to "prove" that the Earth is , in fact,
square.

Cheers,

John

---- Message sent via Totalise Webmail - http://www.totalise.co.uk/ MAX Broadband 2Mb now just £17.99 a month plus 2 months free!