HP3000-L Archives

June 2005, Week 1

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 12:06:11 -0700
Denys, Wirt, John,

As the father of 2 soon to be 3 daughters... I probably wouldn't allow my daughter to wear the t-shirt.  And, I don't believe the punishment was enough to cause harm.   i.e. being sent home.  I also believe the teacher/principle did warn the students in advance.

However,

What was the crime?
Who were the victims or intended victims?
This is VERY different from Wirt's situation of a classroom... This was a public event, bought a paid for by public funds.

What if a parent wore the same t-shirt?

What if a parent wore a t-shirt that said "f**k the 'opposing team'"?

What if that parent was the biggest contributor to the athletic fund?

I believe Denys and John have the right to help educate thier daughter's in the appropriate apparel to wear to a football game, I don't think it's the governments place to do so.

Now John's is a mild case, these are different, all brought about by the the zero intelegence network.

I did some research, it wasn't hard, I found so many articles, I am beginning to believe all t-shirts should be banned.   I wonder how many lawsuits and how much money has been wasted on t-shirts.

I limited my searches to article written in 2005.

-Craig

Teen suspended for wearing 'freedom of expression' T-shirt

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/news.aspx?id=15233

Plain T-shirts forbidden in Person County schools

http://www.wral.com/news/4450223/detail.html

Universal veto policy implemented at Massachusetts school
In this one we get to learn about "Adjustment counselor"?  They didn't have those when I was in school...

Apparently only liberal causes can be put on t-shirts...

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=97405

Snohomish High School should really just change thier name, it's easier than suspending the students.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002225807_tshirt31m.html

You thought "score with sophmores" was bad, try "Gifties"

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-gifties22.html

Yahoo! Mail