HP3000-L Archives

June 2005, Week 1

From:
James English <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James English <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:22:28 -0400
I did a

:SETDUMP

Before I ran the debugger and I didn't get a stacktrace - just the error
message. I also ran:

:XDB XDB.PUB.SYS

Of course, it gave me the warning that XDBEND.LIB.SYS was not linked with
the program and it displayed symbolic code. However, when I issued the "S"
comand to start the debugging session, I got the same "bus error signal"
error.

When I run my program without the debugger, it runs fine. I wanted to use
the debugger to step through my code to make sure it's returning the data
I'm looking for.

The problem is that I'm getting the "bus error signal" error on *any*
program that I run through the debugger. Even generic MANMAN code that I
never modified.

Jim.