HP3000-L Archives

June 2005, Week 1

From:
Steve Belkacem <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Belkacem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 17:28:26 +0100
OK, The book is now ordered. Thanks.

In the meantime, could someone please give me some
clues to this issue?

Thanks

Steve

Hi All,

I'm still struggling with Sendmail I cleared the main
problem (files in the MQUEUE) with the following
option in the MC file

define(`confBIND_OPTS', `WorkAroundBrokenAAAA')dnl.

I still have a problem with certain external emails
putting the system name in the sendor address. My
exchange server will not sent these through.
For instance, I want the sendor to be

domain.end.

The emails at fault are showing

machine.domain.end

I'll tried to use the following options, but I still
yet the problem.

Ive tried quite a few options at various points , but
nothing seems to clear this.

Nocanonfy

# my official domain name
# ... define this only if sendmail cannot
automatically determine your domain
Dj$w.xxxx.xx

Domaintable (added and then compiled)

I think another option maybe to use the aliases
option(though I don't know how to compile this the DB
file)

Has anyone got any idea on how to clear this problem?

Thanks as always.

Steve

______________________________­_____________________________

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your
holiday
snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos
http://uk.photos.yahoo.com

* To join/leave the list, search archives, change list
settings, *
* etc., please visit
http://raven.utc.edu/archives/­hp3000-l.html *

   Dave Waroff   May 27, 11:59 am     show options

Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual
Message | Show original | Report Abuse

of sendor address

> I still have a problem with certain external emails
> putting the system name in the sendor address. My
> exchange server will not sent these through.
> For instance, I want the sendor to be

> domain.end.

> The emails at fault are showing

> machine.domain.end

You might need to put aliases in exchange, or put a
sendmail instance in
front of it.

I highly recommend the O'Reilly Sendmail book
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog­/sendmail3/inx.html .

Compile the aliases file with "newaliases".

http://www.unix.org.ua/orelly/­networking_2ndEd/tcp/ch10_06.h­tm

*