UTCSTAFF Archives

June 2005

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
William P Harman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William P Harman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:50:58 -0400
Dear Colleagues at UTC,

Some newsworthy information: the premier newsletter for the international study of religion, RELIGIOUS STUDIES NEWS, has selected Charles Lippy of our department to be the featured scholar for the month of May.
 See the interview with him at:
http://www.aarweb.org/publications/rsn/2005-05MAY.pdf
on page 17.

This is an extraordinary honor for any religion scholar, but most especially for Lippy and for UTC since very few schools besides the major research universities are ever the home of the recipients of this honor. For many years Chuck Lippy's prolific scholarship  has brought significnt distinction to the University and to our Department, and we are glad to see this public, international recognition.

 Bill Harman

William Harman, Head
Department of Philosophy and Religion (# 2753)
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
232 E Holt Hall // 615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37403 USA
(423) 425-4336  // fax (423)425-4153