SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2005

From:
Robert Delfs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 22:32:49 +0800
That is interesting.  I'd be quite happy myself to trade my two
upgraded Mk20s (no cracks so far, but who wants to play this kind of
dice game) for a pair of nice new Mk25s.

Still no reply to MY email to Scubapro SEAsia's office in Singapore.
Somehow I'm not surprised.

robert

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:37:37 -0400, Lee Bell wrote:

>Robert Delfs wrote
>>
>> It's not a consumer warning, it's a safety bulletin, essentially a
>> directive to all NOAA divers to discontinue use of the regulator.  They
>> do this whenever serious problems with equipment come up, but usually
>> there is already a company recall in effect, which doesn't appear to be
>> the case here.  This safety bulletin on the real NOAA website, which
>> I've used before.  (Some of the new rules we're putting in place in
>> Komodo are based on NOAA codes and practice.) The safety bulletin is
>> also listed on their index of safety bulletins page.
>
>I'm back in S. Florida and will be talking to my local shop tomorrow.
>Interestingly, ScubaPro no longer shows the Mk20 on their website.  The Mk2
>is still there, but no Mk20.  It would be nice if they were replacing them
>with MK25s.  I like the ability to adjust intermediate pressure from the
>outside.
>
>Lee

Tabula International Ltd.
Email:  <[log in to unmask]