SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2005

From:
Michael Doelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:24:01 -0400
>In more ways than one.  You were narked before you got to the
ledge of the Maracaibo dive in the Cos99NEDfest.<

At that depth I'd say it was likely. I can detect symptoms much shallower.
Not that I usually care a whole lot.

But on the narc front i can remember several Sipadan video dives with Steve
Fish, where I accompanied him on several 200+ dives. Reviewing the videos
there were always moments where we commented something like 'damn, when did
we see that monster grouper?'.

>  Ray was the only one (other than myself) who went below 200 fsw, but he
must have been narked too because he didn't know ...

Except that you couldn't tell Ro-De-O from Ray?

>... I was 15 fsw
BELOW him, keeping an eye on everyone.  :-)<

Is that why I saw you zip by me towards the surface after about a minute?
Decided to keep 'an eye' on me from above? Great, I felt really safe
anyway.