SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2005

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2005 18:10:34 -0400
On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 16:06:25 -0400, Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>chuck wrote:
>
>> Alas, they did not.  Mexicana has a few more flights from such idyllic
spots
>> as Chetumal and Mexico City but from the states it is about the same.
>
>Hmmm...
>
>USAir via Charlotte
>American via DFW
>Delta via ATL (occasionally)
>United via Charlotte
>Continental via IAH
>Northwest via IAH
>
>at least for the Southeast US area.
>
>Jeff

Jeff, it's not nice or fair to use facts to refute fiction!

Hee hee, you noticed the United and Delta routes.  Soon
Continental will have an airline counter in Choo Choo, and
Continental now being a partner of Delta and Northwest,
will have more routes from Choo Choo to Coz than all the
puddle hoppers that had ever been flown from Cancun.  :-)

This is not to mention all the added routes from the WEST,
and even from Alaska!   Continental, Delta, and Northwest
now all fly to Fairbanks, Alaska!   How do i know?  From
a couple of scuba divers I knew there.  Three year ago, I
would have had to take a train, rent a car, or walk from
Anchorage to Fairbanks.  Now one can FLY.  They'll be
taking one of the very first Choo Choo to Seattle flight
on Continental in October when they come visit us.

And we plan to visit them in March (or whatever month the
REAL Alaskan WINTER is like).  :-)   24-hour nights should
be fun.  Night ice dive on a 24-hour night should even be
more fun, but I think I'll skip that one.

-- Bob.