SCUBA-SE Archives

June 2005

Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:09:28 -0500
Friday was last day of diving.  Dove Colombia and Yucab/Tormentos.  Lots of
good pictures I have not had time to fool with (and the PC that I would do
that on is dead - new one on order.)

Had a mini mini NED-fest on Friday night.  Met up with Ray J and his family
at El Moro for dinner.  A good time was had by one and all.

Some things of note:

It is no longer possible unless you charter a plane to fly from Cancun to
Cozumel of vice versa.  Aero Caribe closed down and Mexicana gave up on it.
If you fly into Cancun you will either have to take the bus or a cab to PDC
and take the ferry or swim a very long distance indeed.

What was PLG is now the Cozumel Palace (Moon Palace) and is about to reopen
as an all-inclusive.  Been completely gutted and remodeled.

Some new restaurants we have not tried yet.

Mr Taco - good reports just have not tried it.  Calle Juarez at 55 next to
the fire station.

Lobsteria - again good reports from locals but ran out of time.  Same people
that used to own Lobster Cove.

Raul's Tacos - in the space the Lobster Cove was in.  Shares it with
Jeannie's Waffle House.