HP3000-L Archives

May 2005, Week 5

From:
"Ritenour, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ritenour, Steve
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 10:16:56 -0400
We are currently in the process of selecting a system to replace our
manufacturing system which currently runs on an e3000-969.  This process
will take 3-5 years to complete.  Our test server is a 967 and our
company policy says we cannot upgrade our operating systems without
first testing it on our test server.  We are at 6.5 but there is a
number of enhancement that will ease potential problem and add
performance as well as capacity if we can upgrade to 7.5.  With a short
life left and all the moneys being spent going toward the replacement
system, management is unwilling to spend any money towards a hardware
upgrade of our test server.  So here I sit handcuffed.  Also I know it's
been asked many times before but I've never seen the answer, what is the
real reason behind the blocking of 7.0 and above on the 9x7 platform?

Steve Ritenour
Harris Corp.