HP3000-L Archives

May 2005, Week 5

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2005 22:40:03 -0400
One of our 3rd Party databases captures command logs from our main business application.

(Thanks be to SOX.  Which is probably the penultimate cause.)

Recently a detail data set in it has climbed to 16776704 sectors and our 3rd Party DB expansion utility says it maxed out due to number of records and number of blocks and is now 81% full.

I'm looking at Large File Data Set (LDFS) conversion.  (Same 3rd party DB utility will probably do the trick.)

So is LDFS conversion painful?

BT

Tracy Johnson
MSI Schaevitz Sensors