HP3000-L Archives

May 2005, Week 3

From:
Reid Baxter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 19:40:51 -0400
Greg,

Here is a link to the HP docs concerning STOREJCW errors. Also,
ERR.PUBXL.TELESUP  may be of some use. STOREJCW = 4 has to do with the
device you are writing to. Storejcw = 7 has to do with the files you are
trying to store.  Perhaps publishing the OS level would help as well as the
version of store you are using.

http://docs.hp.com/en/B5151-90003/apas01.html

Regards,

Reid E. Baxter

                      Greg Stigers
                      <gregstigers@spam        To:       [log in to unmask]
                      cop.net>                 cc:
                      Sent by: HP-3000         Subject:  [HP3000-L] Fw: Request for information about STORE errors
                      Systems
                      Discussion
                      TC.EDU>

                      05/20/2005 05:38
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      Greg Stigers

After editing our store procedures, I had two errors that have me puzzled.
Instead of
!store
[log in to unmask];*std;show=offline;compress=high;online=end;statistics
I had (and I am aware that I removed =offline and online=end, but this is *
not * an online store)
!STORE /PROD/DATABASE/DB@;*STD;SHOW;COMPRESS=HIGH;STATISTICS
and the STDList showed
STORE aborted because of error. (CIERR 1090)
:SHOWJCW
CIERROR = 1090
JCW = 16383
FSERROR = 0
STOREJCW = 4
:SHOWVAR STORE_@,TS_@
STORE_ERROR = 2306

There are no other jobs or sessions on the system during backup. I would
have expected the one to be equivalent to the other. Apparently, they are
not.

Instead of
!store @[log in to unmask];*std;show=offline;compress=high;online=end;statistics
I had
STORE /SYS/ - /SYS/MPEXL/DUMPAREA;*STD;SHOW;COMPRESS=HIGH;STATISTICS
and the STDList showed
SHOWVAR STOREJCW,CIERROR,STORE_ERROR,STORE_WARN
STOREJCW = 7
CIERROR = 0
STORE_ERROR = 0
STORE_WARN = 1603

This is off special interest because of the HFS files under SYS; I do not
believe that our current STORE in fact stores those. I would like to
improve
on the @[log in to unmask] to capture HFS files and exlude those files that aren't
going
to get backed up anyway. It seems like what I am doing should have been
both
straightforward and obvious, but instead I am perhaps encountering
obstacles
more difficult to exorcise than demons.

Greg Stigers

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.