HP3000-L Archives

May 2005, Week 2

From:
Reid Baxter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 10:58:53 -0400
Tim,

Another product I used many years ago for this very purpose was the
Lantronix EPS2/EPS1 multiprotocol print servers. As the HP Jet Direct print
servers (at least at the time, not sure about now) where not capable of
addressing a serial ported printer. As I recall they were not cheap, but
were cheaper than replacing the printer with a  new parallel ported
printer. Here's a link to the (updated) EPS2-100 product:

http://www.lantronix.com//data-center-management/print-servers/eps2-100.html

Regards,

Reid E. Baxter

                      Tim Valder
                      <tim.valder@MITEK        To:       [log in to unmask]
                      CORP.COM>                cc:
                      Sent by: HP-3000         Subject:  [HP3000-L] HP Serial Printer to Network Connection
                      Systems
                      Discussion
                      TC.EDU>

                      05/10/2005 07:36
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      Tim Valder

I am using the Espul/Asp product successfully to print from HP3000 across
the network to HP laser printers.  Now I'm looking for a network adapter
card that would enable me to attach HP256x serial printers to the
network.  I'm sure I saw them years ago but am looking for a current
supplier for just a few new or used cards.  Can anyone supply me with a
contact?  Thanks.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.