HP3000-L Archives

May 2005, Week 1

From:
Bob Comeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 15:21:50 -0300
Not sure if this applie to your situation, but when dealing with input
values the ACCEPT ... FREE format can be of assistance in getting the number
value lined up right off the bat.
049200     05  HOLD-EMPLY                 PIC 9(5) VALUE 0.
750800       DISPLAY "Enter  OPERATOR #> " WITH NO ADVANCING
750850       MOVE 1 TO FAILED-SWITCH
750950          ACCEPT HOLD-EMPLY  FREE ;
751000           ON INPUT ERROR
751050                DISPLAY BELL "Must be max 5 DIGITS..."
751100           NOT ON INPUT ERROR
751150              MOVE 0 TO FAILED-SWITCH
751200          END-ACCEPT

Bob Comeau
Sr. Systems Programmer Analyst
Crossley Carpet Mills Ltd.