HP3000-L Archives

May 2005, Week 1

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:52:39 -0700
Joe,

Finally got to Internet access somewhere in Boise, (No joke)... I could not get internet in Yellowstone, go figure.

Well the only way I know to get remote access to a VA is via a PC with remote access, i.e. VNC, PCAnywhere, Terminal Services or Remote Desktop.  Once that is accomplished you can

A) use WRQ to access the serial port of the VA

or

B) if the PC has a fiber card connected to the VA, then use CommandView.

Chow for now.

-Craig

Joseph Dolliver <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Greetings all,

Happy Friday as well....

Is it possible to setup a remote view of a VA7100 and if so how do you set
it up.
Is there a port on the VA7100 that needs to be setup and can you IP to it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Joseph Dolliver
e3K Solutions, Inc.