HP3000-L Archives

May 2005, Week 1

From:
Paul Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 09:03:34 -0700
Olav,

There are a couple of problems with just writing to the message file
(using FTP's 'put' command since there is no 'write' command).

1. The 'put' command will 'replace' the destination message file, risking
the deletion of any unprocessed records.

2.  If the destination file is being kept open by a process waiting to
read any records that are written to it, the FTP will fail because it will
not be able to 'replace' the file.

Regards
Paul Christidis

HP-3000 Systems Discussion <[log in to unmask]> wrote on 05/04/2005
06:14:30 PM: