HP3000-L Archives

May 2005, Week 1

From:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 11:28:52 -0500
Quoting "Ritenour, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>:

> I too would like to echo support of Chris comments.  I've stated in the
> past that we have 2 e3000's (Test is a 967 and production is a 969) and
> would like to move to 7.5.  But our company policy will not let me
> upgrade the production server until the test server is successfully
> upgraded and tested.  There are a number of features in both 7.0 and 7.5
> we would like to take advantage of but can't.  Also I could assist HP as
> a beta tester using my 967.  I understand HP is having problems getting
> patches beta tested, but they have shut the door on many of us willing
> to help.  And no it's not an option to purchase a very low end 9x9, I've
> been trying for years without success.
>
> Have a great day all
>
> Steve Ritenour
> Harris Corp.

I will raise this issue in this Friday's OpenMPE Board meeting. We just had a
conference call last Friday with HP's Mike Paivinen - unfortunately this issue
didn't surface again before it could be included in that call.

As everyone knows this was a SIB item a while back and HP said no to allowing
the 9x7 boxes to boot 7.0 and 7.5. Since then HP has removed 3000's from the
corporate price list and is having problems finding enough sites to beta test
patches. It seems logical (at least to me) for HP to 1) reconsider the decision
to not allow 9x7 boxes to boot 7.0 and/or 7.5 and 2) change the policy, change
the code and allow 9x7 boxes to a) boot 7.0 and 7.5 and b) get a lot of beta
site testers, especially for 7.5.