HP3000-L Archives

April 2005, Week 4

From:
Steve Belkacem <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Belkacem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:53:44 +0100
Hi,

I'm still struggling with Sendmail and queued
messages.

The problem is that certain external emails just get
queued on the system. This happens for instance on my
email account  on NTLWORLD.COM. On others, it works,
for example YAHOO.CO.UK. This is happening on various
HP3000 on two seperate networks.

I've now changed my /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file so it
points to my exchange server. I thought this would
clear the problem as exchange would take over the
delivery of emails, but I still have the same issue.

If I send an e-mail through Outlook and Exchange the
emails are sent without a problem.

This is the part I've changed to point to the Exchange
server.

# "Smart" relay host (may be null)

DSmyexhange.xxxxx.xxxxx

All DNS checks through correctly.

Is there any kind of setup I need to do on my
configuation files to force the issue?

Any input would be welcome.

Regards

Steve

Clueless on this and kind of desperate on this.