HP3000-L Archives

April 2005, Week 4

From:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:24:17 -0700
Prakash,
I don't know if you ever got a satisfactory answer to this question.  I
will offer an explanation just in case.  I'm not sure it was clear to
everyone that you were referring to the LOGOFF program that is supplied
with VESoft's Security/3000 product.  The LOGOFF process uses the PAUSE
intrinsic to avoid consuming excessive CPU resources.  It spends most of
its time in a paused state, and wakes up periodically to see if any
sessions have exceeded the TIMEOUT limit.  By default, the pause time is
five minutes.  If you have a process that reaches the limit shortly
after one of these wake-up events, it will be nearly five minutes before
LOGOFF checks again.

You can modify the pause time by using the $PAUSETIME parameter in the
LOGOFF.DATA.VESOFT file.

John