HP3000-L Archives

April 2005, Week 3

From:
"James B. Byrne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James B. Byrne
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:34:58 -0400
I have just come across a VERY handy utility for those of us who
are constrained by circumstance to debug complex regexps.  There is
a tool called the Regex Coach which, among other things, will
create a visual parse tree of the the expression and allow dynamic
testing of strings against the expression, identifying the point at
which the match fails.  One note: regex-coach implements the PERL
syntax rules for regexp.

Available for MS-Windows and Linux/Unix (requires X-windows).

http://weitz.de/regex-coach/

Regards,
Jim

P.S.
I downloaded Wirt's QCShow late last year and with my 11 year-old
son watched all that he then had to offer.  Wirt is quite right,
the value resides entirely in the slides and the audio commentary,
video of the conference attendees watching the slide show does not
seem to offer much in the way of intellectual stimulation.  If the
material was a panel discussion then the matter would be materially
altered, but that is not what these presentations are.

For me, several lectures relating to research data from the Mars
lander/rover missions were completely absorbing.

JBB

--
     *** e-mail is not a secure channel ***
mailto:byrnejb.<token>@harte-lyne.ca