HP3000-L Archives

April 2005, Week 2

From:
John MacLerran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John MacLerran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 08:58:38 -0600
I, too, am puzzled as to why so much debate is being focused on
embryonic stem cells, when adult stem cells currently appear to offer
more promising therapies.  This site seems to have a fair amount of good
information. ( http://www.stemcellresearch.org/index.html ).

John (remove 'nospam' to reply) MacLerran

Greg Stigers wrote:

> I am puzzled by the failure to distinguish between stem cells, and
> embryonic
> stem cells. Bone marrow transplants are more or less a stem cell therapy.
>
> Greg Stigers

  John MacLerran