HP3000-L Archives

April 2005, Week 1

From:
Paul Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 10:25:17 -0700
While 'BOUNCE' is freely available from:
        http://www.allegro.com/software/hp3000/allegro.html
and
I had 'advertised' on this list a 'command file' based solution (also
free)

I think Jaya was asking for something more graceful.

Jaya, the only way to get the behavior that you are describing is to
design it into the application.  You could write a procedure that 'traps'
all user I/Os and terminates (performing any needed 'clean-up' in the
process).

Most of our Vplus based applications had something like that designed in.
The terminal I/O routines had code that would become active after a
configurable time of the day and utilize the Vplus 'time-out' feature to
terminate the reads and simulate the user exit key.   In that manner
unattended terminal would gradually 'back out' of the different screens
and eventually the application and the session  would terminate.

The programmer through the use of JCWs would specify the time-out
interval, the time of the day that it would become effective and the
function key that the routine would return when a time-out would occur.

Regards
Paul Christidis

HP-3000 Systems Discussion <[log in to unmask]> wrote on 04/05/2005
07:25:45 AM: