UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2005

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Susan Addison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Addison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 20:15:47 -0400
Holly,

Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your child!  You are wise to take
seriously your search for an appropriate childcare center. You can find a
wealth of information on this subject on the state of Tennessee's web site
at http://www.state.tn.us/humanserv/childcare.htm

Topics covered and items available there include information about
Tennessee's Child Care Report Card system, licensing, how to locate centers
in your area, etc. Look for the downloadable Parent's Guide to Choosing
Quality Child Care, and Handy Workbook. Those items provide information
about screening and choosing a center, as well as what to look for when you
observe centers. Forms to help you with this process are even included in
the workbook.

I wish you success in finding care that meets the needs of your family.

Susan Addison

Training and Information Resource Consultant

Tennessee's Early Intervention System

Dept. 3153

University of Tennessee at Chattanooga

615 McCallie Avenue