UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2005

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Jonathan McNair <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jonathan McNair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 09:02:22 -0500
Thanks, Jim, for the correction--I do not have the official UTC student
handbook, obviously; only the catalog and Music Student Handbook, which
also has no mention of grade appeals etc.

I still maintain that the Catalog should address the grievance process at
least minimally, if only to refer the student to the Student handbook.

At 08:01 AM 4/1/2005, you wrote:

> >>Now, one thing we as a university need to do better is to communicate to
> >>students their recourse if they have grievances with a professor.
> >>I looked at our current undergraduate catalog. It does not seem to offer
> >>ANY guidance to students about filing a grade appeal or any kind of
> >>grievance.
>
>See p. 10 in the current Student Handbook.
>
>Jim

Jonathan B. McNair, DMA
UC Foundation Assistant Prof. of Music Theory and Composition
Director, Music Technology Center
Cadek Dept. of Music
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga