HP3000-L Archives

March 2005, Week 2

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:56:17 -0500
I have a little issue going on with my stores. Not really a problem, but
it makes me wonder....

Option One:

FILE T=FILET;DEV=DISC;CODE=2501
STORE @[log in to unmask];*T;DIRECTORY;COMPRESS;PROGRESS=1;SHOW;ONLINE=START

Option Two:

FILE T=FILET;DEV=DISC;CODE=2501
STORE @[log in to unmask];*T;COMPRESS;DIRECTORY;PROGRESS=1;SHOW;ONLINE=START

After I have done the backup I do a VSTORE with a show option and both
options verify all the files were stored correctly.

However, can anyone tell me why Option Two produces a SMALLER store file
than option two?

(the only thing difference I can tell is that is the positioning of the
compress option on the store command line)

Brian.