HP3000-L Archives

March 2005, Week 2

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 20:54:13 -0600
Jean, I'm still here, just very busy these days.  :-)
The SDLT 320 is backward compatible with the SDLT 220.  It is also
read-backward compatible with DLT8000, 7000, 4000 and DLT1 PROVIDED you used
DLT IV tapes.  DLT III and DLTIIIXT and prior will NOT be read on the 220
and 320.

BTW, the SDLT 320 is the last of the DLT series that can read DLTIV tapes.
The SDLT 600 is not able to do that. I hope this answers your questions.

And thanks for the nice remark.

Denys