HP3000-L Archives

March 2005, Week 2

From:
John Bawden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Bawden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 06:49:45 -0800
I'm starting project to move 48 4 & 9 Gb OLD drives to
model 20 arrays using 18GB drives. Can aynone who has
BTDT provide some advice on the pros and cons of using
raid 1 vs. raid 5? The current system is very much I/O
bound and I'm hoping to improve on that but want to
make sure I don't make the situation worse. I have
three volume sets with the system and Netbase on the
system volume, the 3rd party utilties such as
Powerhouse, Suprtool, etc. on another volume set and
then the Amisys account on the rest of the drives (43
of them. Any comments, advice, gotchas, etc. would be
greatly appreciated.

John Bawden
QualChoice

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!