HP3000-L Archives

March 2005, Week 2

From:
Tony Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:23:28 -0000
I can't see any error - please explain further.

One suggestion - it looks like your STDIN to the FTP program is simply a
repeated set of MGET statements.    Might it be easier to put the run of
FTP also inside a while loop - something like the following :

!JOB ABPOSLTN,MGR.account,group;PRI=CS;INPRI=13
!SETVAR ONE,1
!WHILE ONE = 1
!  IF HPHOUR = 4  AND HPMINUTE > 57
!     PAUSE 180
!     STREAM ABPOSLTN.PHNJCL.account
!     SETVAR ONE,2
!  ENDIF
!# Run FTP inside while loop
!  SETVAR X, 0
!  WHILE X = 0
!     RUN ftp.ARPA.SYS < FTPABPOS.PUB.account
!#    check the return values from the FTP session
!     IF  ftperr = 0
!         SETVAR X, 1
!     ENDIF
!#     optionally check for the existance of a signal file
!     IF  Finfo("afile",0) = true
!         SETVAR X, 1
!     ENDIF
!  ENDWHILE
!# end of second while loop.
!ENDWHILE
!EOJ

The contents of the FTPABPOS file would simply need to be something like
(Note I have added EXITONERROR)

EXITONERROR
open 999.999.999.999
USER userid password
cd reprice
ascii
prompt
mget *;move
Exit

the extra code I've added allows you to (a) Report FTP errors as they
happen via TELLOP etc (b) shut down the job cleanly by creating a
special signal file.