HP3000-L Archives

March 2005, Week 1

From:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:58:40 -0500
Hello Robert,

>>If you are only sending emails via Sendmail (not accepting any inbound)
>>then do you need to run the JDAEMON job?

I guess that would depend on what/who's sendmail client you are using.
AFAIK the mailx.hpbin.sys queues it's outbound mail to the sendmail server
to be processed.  I ran a test on my system with the sendmail server job
stopped and the output queued up until I restarted the sendmail job.

Regards,

James Hofmeister
Email: <first>.<last>@hp.com
Hewlett Packard - Global Solutions Engineering (WTEC)
P.S. My Ideals are my own, not necessarily my employers.

If you are only sending emails via Sendmail (not accepting any inbound) then
do you need to run the JDAEMON job?

regards,

Robert W.Mills
Systems Development Manager