UTCSTAFF Archives

March 2005

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Richard Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:52:16 -0500
Mary's note brings to mind two close calls I have had this year at Vine and
Palmetto. Although a three way stop, twice I had to slam on the brakes as I
tried to made a right turn from Vine as cars went through the intersection
at high speed. One appeared to be a student, perhaps not seeing the stop
sign; another was dialing on her cell phone. Have others had near-death
experiences at this intersection? Do we need larger stop signs or other
warnings?

Richard Rice