UTCSTAFF Archives

March 2005

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Ed Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:51:23 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: UTC Staff E-Mail List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
THOMAS WARE
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 2:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [UTCSTAFF] The Law Student Bit
        To set the particular record straight, if that is still
possible in our current atmosphere of point-counterpoint, Jeffrey L.
God, a transfer to UTC from Tennessee Temple, became a History,
pre-law major, graduated in 1996, and was that same year awarded one
of the prestigious Chapin-Thomas Scholarships to the University of
Cincinnati College of  Law.

In appreciation for both that bit of trivia and the nice ee cummings
poem, I would offer the equally trivial point that Chattanooga did,
after all, have a Confederate General who fought here by the name of
States Rights Gist. So anything is both possible and likely, I suppose.

Tangentially,

Ed Smith

Still enjoying Spring Break and ever looking for an excuse to share the
previous existence of General States Rights Gist, CSA