UTCSTAFF Archives

March 2005

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
"Michel E. Holder" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michel E. Holder
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:12:31 -0500
While in a graduate class on electron theory, one of the more brilliant
students in the class kept asking deeper and deeper questions about the
nature of an electron. Finally, the professor threw up his hands and said,
"Hey, it's magic!"

I teach electrical engineering, AKA how to use electricity for fun and
profit. The last time I checked, no one actually knew whether an electron
was a wave or a particle. And what exactly is a "wave" anyway? We can do the
math, but WHAT IS IT?

My point is simply this: if we cannot totally understand one of the basic
building blocks of matter and the universe, how can we expect to get our
brain around the concept of God and creation. I'm more than willing to admit
my ignorance and go from there.

        Michel Holder