UTCSTAFF Archives

March 2005

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Ed Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:08:29 -0500
To the Entire UTC Community,

The Counseling and Career Planning Center is happy to announce that, in
conjunction with the Office of Cooperative Education and International
Programs, we will be hosting our second Psych O'Cinema program for the
Spring Semester.

We received extremely positive feedback from students who attended,
their instructors, and the University Community in general for our first
program last month (Eternal Sunlight of the Spotless Mind).

The movie for the second Psych O'Cinema will be The House of Sand and
Fog, starring, among others, Academy Award winner Ben Kingsley (Ghandi).
It is a tragic story of a clash between individuals of different
cultures. As before, there will be a group discussion after the movie
concludes. Everyone is invited, and we hope that you mention this to
students. Faculty are welcome to incorporate this into their courses and
we welcome students attending for extra credit or part of their regular
course requirements.